Universal Tech Solutions is committed to protecting your privacy.
At Universal Tech Solutions your privacy and the confidential management of your company information is a fundamental part of the way we manage our relationship with you. We respect the value you assign to your company details and recognise that the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your company information should be handled in a professional manner. To that end, an important part of our commitment is to clearly explain how we maintain your privacy and confidentiality and, most importantly,how you can play a part in that commitment.
What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the collection, storage, use, disclosure and security of your company details. It explains how and when we collect company information, what that information is used for, who uses it and when it may be disclosed to other parties. Most importantly it explains how you can access your details and control your own company information.
What is Company information?
Company information includes information, such as your name, address, fax and phone number, ABN, e-mail address, specific contact details for individuals within the company which can be used to identify your company. Company information can also include:
- Financial information, like your credit card number or bank account number.
- Information that uniquely identifies your business.
- Product purchase details, such as the date your business connected to Universal Tech Solutions services.
- The way you use our products and services, like the amount of data used, telephone numbers called an so on.
All of this information is important for Universal Tech Solutions to develop and maintain a relationship with you, our customer, and to provide high quality telecommunications products and services.
How we collect your company information
Universal Tech Solutions aims to collect information directly from your Company wherever possible. Universal Tech Solutions collects company information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from your business and internal business contacts, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal/company details to us through our web sites (e.g. during On Line Service registration).
- Completion of credit applications, contracts, completion of service application forms.
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives.
- From publicly available sources of information.
- From the organisations identified below under ‘When we disclose your personal/company information’.
Any information we directly collect or receive from an external agency is necessary and considered normal business practice, so that we can continue to provide you with our products and services;from our own records of how you use your Universal Tech Solutions services including CLI (caller line identification).
When we disclose your personal/company information, in order to deliver the services you require, Universal Tech Solutions may disclose your personal/company information to organisations outside Universal Tech Solutions. Your personal/company information may be disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Universal Tech Solutions providing our services to you. These organisations may carry out our:
- Customer enquiries.
- Mailing operations.
- Billing and debt-recovery functions.
- Information technology services.
- Installation, maintenance and repair services
- Marketing, telemarketing and market research and web site usage analysis.
Universal Tech Solutions takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal/company information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal/company information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing)
- Our related companies
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we mayneed to disclose your personal/company information for billing purposes)
Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and How we use your personal/company information. The primary ways we use your personal/company details is to connect, maintain, service and bill your telecommunications and related services with us. We may also use your personal/company information to:
- Verify your identity
- Assist you to subscribe to our services
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;research and develop our services;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service and maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Direct marketing and your privacy
In addition to the information you receive with your bill, we may contact you directly with product and company updates, special offers and telecommunications news.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from Universal Tech Solutions, other than what you receive normally with your bill, please tell us by using the contact details set out below. Please note that your instruction to one part of the business may take time to pass through to the other parts of our business.
Who uses your personal/company information?
Only a select number of Universal Tech Solutions staff has authority to access your information, and only then to enable them to perform their jobs. We also have contracts with companies, including billing companies that assist in the preparation of your Universal Tech Solutions account. Universal Tech Solutions will only disclose your personal/company information to these agents, contractors and related business:On a confidential basis,For the purposes of Universal Tech Solutions business, Where the law requires Universal Tech Solutions to do so.Keeping your personal/company information correct and up-to-date. To provide you with the best possible service it is important that we maintain accurate, up-to-date information for you. Universal Tech Solutions will endeavour to ensure the personal/company information we collect, use and disclose is correct, complete and up-to-date. To fulfill this commitment, Universal Tech Solutions also provides you with the capacity to correct or change the personal/company information we store for you.
You can contact us:
Attention: Preyesh Odhavjee
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone on 0404 490 037
By mail PO Box 288, Belrose West NSW Australia 2085
How can you access your personal/company information at Universal Tech Solutions?
You are entitled at any time to request details and a copy of your personal/company information held by us by contacting us in writing at the address below. To protect your privacy, Universal Tech Solutions will require proof of identity before acting upon your request.
Universal Tech Solutions Pty Ltd
PO Box 288, Belrose West NSW Australia 2085
Universal Tech Solutions will respond to any such request as soon as reasonably possible and in any event will acknowledge the request within five working days from receipt. Universal Tech Solutions may charge for the reasonable costs it incurs in providing the copy information.